Suggest treatment for anal itching and bleeding after bowel movement
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic.
In most cases, this is caused by internal hemorrhoids and less common by polyps, anal fissure or pruritus ani.
Hemorrhoids are protrusions of veins in rectal wall and there are several stages of the hemorrhodal disease and the right treatment depends on type and stage of the disease.
Initially, it can be treated with dietary changes and sitz baths. There are few procedures which can be used but surgery should be avoided unless there is no improvement on conservative measures.
In the early phase, this is initially treated with dietary changes by having a high-fibre diet with a lot of fluids and make your stool soft. Also take fruit, vegetables, avoid chocolate, refined meat, overeating, and food that causes
There are supplements such as Psyllium and Detralex which may help as well.
Also, you should use sitz baths by sitting in warm water for 20minutes daily.
Second, it can be treated with rubber ligation or sclerotization and in severe stages and this can be done in ambulatory settings. On the other hand, open the surgery is recommended only in resistant cases but for this, you should consult proctologist about these options.
Other causes include abscess, fissure, and anal polyps but for this differentiation, you should get done proctological examination including colonoscopy.
Till then, try to follow my recommendations and see if this will be helpful.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Are there's bleeding from the rectum symptoms of anal itching?
- Extreme anal itch frequent bowel movements
- Tingles after i pee anal itching
- Anal itch after pooping
- Is cortizone 10 anal itch cream used in the treatment of rash ?
- Anal itching due to fissures pain and bleeding remedy
- Treatment and cure for anal itch
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks suggest medication
- What is the treatment for anal itching
- Severe anal itching treatment