Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Food not going down stomach, block. CT scan showed cancer, no chance of cure due to disbursed food pipe. What can be done?

Sir, My brother is 62 years of age and suddendly on April 18, the food was not going down in stomach and it started blocked. After that no water, and no fluid was to enter into the food pipe and when the CT Scan was done, it was found that there the food pipe was blocked and there was cancer . After that 5 days RT were done on June 10 to June 15. After one month doctors advised to operate the food pipe. But when they took him for operation and started operated , after one hour the doctors told us that the operation can not be done because it is disbursed and started going upward. Now the patient is on death bed and doctors are doing nothing and nothing is going inside him. Yes they operated a tube on side of the stomach and only a small quantity of milk they had given to patient. As there any doctor can help us by giving some medicine. We are helpless before GOD. Can anybody help me without any payment or fee. Promila Kapoor
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
By your description, your brother is suffering from last stage of cancer of the food pipe. Technically whatever has been done so far seems to be scientifically correct. At this point, it is not a matter of money or fees, but there is not much that can be done for him except to provide him whatever comfort is medically possible with pain-killers and the like. Your brother presented at an advanced stage and that is the main reason for his present state. It is nobody's fault. If there is any other advice you need, then please let me know.
Answered: Tue, 24 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor