Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Feeling of eardrum going to explode while burping after an injury to ear. Pulsing in eardrum. Should I go to a doctor?

i got slapped in the ear twice from a fight i got into and now every time i burp it feels like my eardrum is going to explode... after the fight i felt my eardrum pulsing but that s the only uncomfortability that stopped about an hour later. i m wondering if there s something seriously wrong with my ear or if there can be any serious consequences if i don t see a doctor...?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  244
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems that there has been an internal bleeding in the inner ear with a raised pressure inside. You need to consult an ENT surgeon for an examination and proper management. Surgical drainage might be needed in some cases.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Mon, 9 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor