Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Fatty liver and high triglycerides of a 18 years old

Hello, I am 18 years old and I have recently got a blood test . I have very high triglyceride level (660) and the SGPT is 57. My father says that we have genetic non-alcoholic fatty liver disease . Am I in danger?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  391
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi welcome,
at present any complaints for you?
any way this will not make you into trouble if you are strictly following medicines and follow the advises of your doctor
the best treatment available for the liver disorders is available from ayurveda only
you contact good ayurveda doctor in your area
if not so write to me in detail i will guide you what to do
thanking you
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You have got very high triglycerides which is red signal to your health if not controlled.
SGPT is not much but you should be cautious about this.
You go for ultra sound for liver screen,
Blood sugar fating and post lunch,
You require regular exercise and strict fat control diet,
Consult physician and seek his advice and do not think that I have genetic tendency and so doing nothing for this problem.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
hi read your prob such a high leval you have. you should evalute the cause of high lavel of tg. you must rule out any renal diesas, metabolic disease, cardiovascular disease. whats about your blood pressur.
this is control by chang in dite shedule like avoid fatty food , use musterd or ground nut oil, start heavy break fast, use more fibers diet. start morning walk ,avoid sedentry life. by cholesterol lowering drug as per adives of your treating doctor.
so there is nothing to worry.
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Familial hypertriglycidemia is an autosomal dominant condition which means you have 50% chance of getting the disease. You may assess your blood VLDL as well as it is usually elevated. All you need to do is make lifestyle changes. Eliminate fatty food from the diet. Eat healthy. Fruits, vegetables especially green leafy vegetables. Nicotinic acid in the vegetables is a good scavenger of Triglycerides helping to reduce the levels. Also exercise everyday for atleast 40-50 minutes by brisk walking. You may be at higher risk for coronary heart disease, diabetes and pancreatitis especially if your VLDL and LDL levels are elevated. Try this for a few months and re-check your levels. If there is improvement then fine, otherwise you will need drugs like Fibrates to reduce the TAG. Kindly consult your Doctor about these risks and proper managemtn strategy.
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor