Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Fall on the head, buttocks hit the ground, had a goose egg on the back of head that feels like bruise. Should I get it checked?

Hi my name is LIana. I got out if my Tahoe today and it was a solid sheet of ice, both feel slipped out in front of me and I popped my head on the step up thing on my truck. At the same time hit the left buttocks on the ground. I have a goose egg on the left back part of my head. It feels like the biggest bruise do u think I need to have it checked out?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  143
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Llana,
Thanks for writing your query.

There seems to be soft tissue injury of your scalp. The goose bump is due to this soft tissue injury.

You should not worry if you donot have any other abnormal symptom.
The swelling and headache will subside by its own in few days to weeks time.
You can apply cold compress for relief from pain.

If the pain is severe, you can take pain killer like Ibuprofen one tablet twice a day along with an antacid like Omeprazole 20 mg.

If any other symptoms develop or your problem persists, get yourself examined and investigated by a Neurophysician.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor