Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Experiencing premature atrial contractions. Concerned.

Hi Doc. For the first time ever, I seem to be experiencing premature atrial contractions. I'm not really worried about them (after going to the ER the other day and having tests scheduled for next week). But they are bothersome. I don't smoke or drink much caffeine or alcohol. Though any that I was drinking I am now cutting out. (ie, the glass of wine and the cup of coffee). Is there anything I can do to try to make them stop?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Nothing much! - You have already cut coffee and alcohol. You don't smoke
These ectopic beats are not always symptomatic. The feeling depends on individual sensitivity – some do not feel them at all / some may feel every beat. Specific treatment may not always be necessary. Ignore them / involve in work; get diverted / relax /
If troubling still, discuss with your doctor and start beta-blocker - Metoprolol, for example...

Go ahead and see the cardiologist - HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.
You may even need Electro Physiological Studies (EPS)

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 4 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor