Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Ear popped and feel dizzy. Ear is blocked by layer of skin. Operations did not help.

I have always had a problem with my left ear and over the years it has become completely blocked in front of the ear drum with a thick layer of skin. Have had 2 operations but neither worked. Recently my ear popped and it was really loud and it left me feeling very dizzy. It also happened when i blew my nose. Should i see my doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You must see an ENT specialist and get ears examined.
It could be because of the blowing of nose that the nasal infections move towards the ears and then cause this blocked sensation.
then it could be because of more blowing that the pressure increased and you had popped up sensation and dizzy feeling.
You may need to take--
oral and nasal decongestant
most importantly do not allow water to enter your ears.
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor