• question-icon

Does anxiety lead to chest discomfort and dizziness?

hi im a 52 yrs old female ..im on lipitor,aentol,anetol,low dose aspirin ,my concern is i think i have high anxiety,everytime i geta lil chest discomfort it drives me nuts im always thinking of the wht ifs happens..2 yrs agowhile at work i had alil funnie funnie feeling ,in my right leg ..i think i panicked bc s i thought it was a stroke... then i became dizzy and it still happens the dizziness and off balance ..i now i worry alot about things ,,i had a scan done and it showed a lil seperation of theblood vessells..wheni went to see the nerougilist h e examined me and said tht there was nothing in the scan to worry about ,,,my doctor said there was no stroke ,but why doi stillget dizzy and off balance .... like i said i do have hihg anxiety i think.couldthis be my problem and does anxiety cause meto be dizzy and have chest discomfort...my last cardiogram was in may ,,i had blood work and chest xray allcame back normal..i also had carroitts checked they came back normal ,,how do i deal with these dam wht ifs ..im home alon mostly bc smy husband works away ,,,any answers as to how to overcome this ,,,thank you
Wed, 14 Jan 2015
Psychologist 's  Response
Dear
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your details. I suggest you not to worry much. I can understand you. You should gain confidence that all your test reports came as negative and your doctors are sure you don't have to worry. You have to believe and trust them. Anxiety is fear without base and your health related anxiety is a bit more troubling. Health anxiety can produce weird symptoms along your body which may not have any scientific explanation. Exercise, yoga, meditationand psychotherapy shouldd be practiced along with medication for streamlining thinking process and life style. Cure is sure.

You need counseling and psychotherapy. I shall provide you with the required counseling and psychotherapy techniques online, to overcome these problems. Please describe the whole problem in detail and post a direct question to me.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.