Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Does a penis shrink as you get older ?

does a penis shrink as you get older this is not a joke but a serious question I am a male of 62 years of age. I am diabetic type 2 which is well under control. Over the last 2 years of the 5 years I have been diabetic I have lost quite a lot of weight. (I could still do with losing more) and will. However, over the last 12 months or so I have noticed (or imagined) that my penis is smaller when in its erect state. First question is this normal? Second point, as I have said I have lost quite a lost of weight, from a high of nearly 20 stone to the present of just short of 17 and a half stone. I have noticed that when in a flaccid state my penis seems to vanish within itself , so that when one looks down, it appears that there is no penis there, just the testes. When it used to be in a flaccid state and visible, it had and overall colouring of light tan /light brown, even though I am white, the glans of course remained reddish pink. Now when I extricate it from within itself it is quite white in colour, again the glans is till reddish/pink Now at the top of my legs, at the V where the penis starts to protrude from the body, is still a bit flabby , and whereas I do not know, I think that my flaccid penis is vanishing within the flabbiness Is my assumption on all points correct. All comments would be gratefully received. It is not what one could call a worrying problem, but it is concerning Thanks Terry
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1583
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
hi terry;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Normally the penis does not shrink when you grow old.Since you are diabetic for long you may have reduced libido & hence may not be sexually very active.Under these conditions it may be like your penis is flaccid most of the time giving rise to feeling of shrinkage.Secondly you lost weight so please consult your doctor for physical examination if this problem with penis is due to atrophy of muscles.
Answered: Thu, 24 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
There is a condition called late onset hypogonadism , which can cause the problem you are mentioning. It can affect someone of you age due to hormonal changes. I suggest you consult a doctor and get your PSA, Testosterone, lipids checked.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor