can aplastic anemia be treated with testosterone therapy?
the are quite a number of tests (from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX to lesser known medical schools) involving hundreds of 65 plus males who where given testosterone treatments over a period of time and the majority of their hemoglobin increased substantially
About androgenic treatment of aplastic anemia;
Hello and thank you for asking!
Testosterone has been used historically to treat aplastic anemia.
Some late results suggest that some anabolic adrogenic steroids (oral administration of high doses of: oxymetholone, metholone or dromostanolone and methenolone) may be more useful than testosterone in the treatment of aplastic anemia.
They are used together with imunosupressive therapy as an alternative line of treatment of Bone Marrow transplantation.
The result is different and depends on many factors but remission rates may be aquired in up to 60 % of patients.
Your treating physician will inform you in more details if it is appropriate for you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart flutter and aplastic anemia
- Anatomy and physiology of aplastic anemia
- Discharge planning for aplastic anemia
- Diet chart for aplastic anemia
- Mold exposure aplastic anemia
- Lo estrin and aplastic anemia
- Aplastic anemia bloated body
- Black mold and aplastic anemia
- Aplastic anemia concerta
- Anatomy of aplastic anemia
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?