Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in gaining weight, lead a healthy lifestyle. Had unprotected sex in the past. Sign of STD?

i had unsafe sex with a girl who was i in relationship with for almost a year .it ended in april 2012 and that was the last month i had sex with her totally wihout condom.i go to gym and not able to gain any weight .its been a year and still stuck on 65kg eventhough i take care of my diet .i am concerned about stds .please advice me which test should i undergo and how much will it cost me.i dont have any symptom till now except for the fact that my weight is not increasing!
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Its been an year and you have no symptoms of any STD. So there is no point getting tests done, however you may get your ELISA for HIV, hep b( HBsAg) and hepatitis C serology done as these at times do not manifest immediately. Having said this, if the girl was only in relationship with you, she might be clean having no STD.
not gaining weight does not signify any disease. Had you been losing weight constantly without cause, it would have been alarming.
Hope that helped
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor