Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with pubertal gynecomastia. Any treatments other than surgery?

I have had gynecomastia for 5 years now. I am 17. I went to an endocrinologist and it was diagnosed as true pubertal gynecomastia. I have a single digit bodyfat percent, workout daily (both cardio and weightlifting). My gyno . lumps are noticeable and large but not painful. Are there any medicines or treatments other than surgery that could reduce my gynecomastia?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,

Certain antiestrogen drugs have been tried in the treatment of gynaecomastia, but still it is in research level.

Now available effective treatment is only surgery.

Answered: Wed, 22 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor