Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with prostate enlargement. Errective power reduced. Tips to improve erection. No bad habits

Hi Dr, I ( sreekumar) am an Indian and living in Abu Dhabi (UAE) I am currently running on 53 years of age and, three years ago my family Dr diogonosed that I have prostate enlargment and since it was the early stage he said nothing to worry, just take the medicine and I am under medication, recently I have don a periodical test and found it remains as early, no in such situation I would like to know from you that my errective power is been little reducted a bit it stand at 3* clock position for a short whiele and it goes to 4* clock position. could be because of age, if so can you suggest me some tips to imrpove, no smoking habit,no BP , no sugare, no tension ,colostrol total is 200,( HDL 53) and once in a week i take 3 pegs thats it, apriciated for your valuable advice, and kindly suggest me a good dr for that in kerala, India. thanks and regards
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Prostate enlargement is common in men after 45 years of age. Reduced erection can also be an associated feature of aging.

Though you haven't mentioned the exact prostate size or whether or not you have your prostate specific antigen tested, I presume all is been checked and everything is fine. Continue with the given medications and review with your doctor if you develop any problems while passing urine.

Regarding mild reduction in erection, as the cause is mostly related to age, you may find benefits by using erection enhancing drugs such as sildenafil. As this is a prescription drug associated with side effects, you may take this after consulting a competent urologist / sexologist.

I do not find any serious concern and you can wait till you return to Kerala and visit a doctor.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor