Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with coeliac disease, bout of gastroenteritis, gallbladder infection, lactose intolerant. Suggestion?

Hi I have been diagnosed with coeliac disease last year after suffering from what was thought to be IBS for over 30 years. Six weeks ago I had a bout of gastroenteritis and since then have suffered from constant sickness / nausea / diahorrea and abdominal pains. For weeks I have had a constant nagging sickly pain in the soft area in the middle of my breast and sharp pains under my right rib area which go through to my back. This pain comes and goes. I have had blood tests which show no infection in gall bladder , liver or pancreas . I have also had an ultrasound scan which was clear and an endoscopy which indicated some inflammation in my stomach but no ulcers . I did notice pain and discomfort when I eat anything so it has been suggested that i have also developed a lactose intolerance so I have cut out all dairy products. This has helped slightly with the sickness and diahorrea but the pain and discomfort remains. I find this extremely debilitating. Is there such a thing as chronic gall bladder problems or a grumbling gall bladder? if not have you any other suggestions which would help.\? I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your help. Catriona
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  270
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
HI Catriona ! In coeliac disease, you have to see which particular types of diet are aggravating your symptoms, and thus start avoiding those food. Also avoid all diet having gluten as one of their constituents. Same opinion holds good for lactose intolerance. Avoid all diary food. All these precautions will relieve your symptoms.
I would also suggest you to go for a simple stool test. Sometimes chronic unsuspected amebiasis gives rise to such abdominal problems, and a course of anti amebic drug will dramatically relieve the symptoms.One can add a proton pump inhibitor and a probiotic in the diet.
I am not aware of anything like a grumbling gall bladder. Yes, infection of the gall bladder can become chronic, and this may give rise to bloating , pain abdomen and discomfort. This may be associated with pancreatitis.
I would also suggest you to go for high roughage diet and enough liquids as a routine, and go for a morning walk regularly. Take care.
Answered: Sat, 7 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Homeopath Dr. Mungara Raveendra's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with irregular dietary habbits,modern lifestyles (drinking,smoking,etc),EXCESSIVE USE OF PAIN KILLERS,ANTIBIOTICS,STEROIDS for even minor complaints, CURRY,HURRY,WORRY are the main causative factors for your sufferings.

treatment plan;

i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints.

please consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints. or mail me at

wishing you good health
Answered: Sun, 8 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor