What causes abdominal bloating and indigestion after every meal?
I understand your concern. Considering the anti acid and the gas pills did not bring you any relief, as a first next step I recommend you put yourself on a gut friendly diet. Probiotics, fermented foods, psyllium husk, fruit and veg, as well as avoiding certain foods such as beans and lentils, broccoli, sprouts, cabbage.
Something to consider is also avoiding milk and milk products, as you might have developed lactose intolerance, which is common in your age group.
If the suggested changes in diet do not bring relief in a few days, I recommend you see a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy and fibroscopy.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.
wishing you good health and all the best.
Please see as below
Psyllium Husk is derived from the seeds of a plant, and is very rich in fiber. It can be found over the counter at CVS, Walgreens etc.
Fermented foods are foods like yoghurt, kefir, pickles, sauerkraut (fermented cabbage), coconut milk yoghurt, fermented soy, fermented herbal teas etc.
Did they recommend you repeat the colonoscopy yearly, since a polip was found? Is there anyone in your family that has a colon disease?
P.S--they recommended in 3 years for another colonoscopy--
Yes my father had something that didn't involve the wearing a waste bag on his hip but the same type operation if I remember correctly???
Please see as below
the other symptoms you mention seem to be unrelated to digestive problems you are experiencing. With the additional information you provided I do not recommend consumption of fermented foods, but rather eat frequent small portions of food. Also, I would strongly recommend you do a fibroscopy to further investigate the stomach problems you relate. There is a possibility for a stomach ulcer, so please see a gastroenterologist for further evaluation.
I hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal bloating after urination
- Abdominal bloating causes
- Abdominal bloating after lapralotomy
- Abdominal bloating after hysterectomy
- Abdominal bloating after cystoscopy
- Does simvastatin cause abdominal bloating
- Stomach and abdominal bloating causes
- What causes abdominal bloating after a hysterectomy
- Can fibroids cause abdominal bloating
- What causes abdominal bloating with weight gain
- What causes weight gain while on Ontrintellix?
- Suggest treatment for loss of vision and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for metastatic melanoma
- What causes joint pain while on Requip?
- What causes redness and painful swelling in the eyes?
- What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for painful rash on the waist
- Does long term use of steroids affect a person's immune system?
- Suggest treatment for leg cramps and shortness of breath
- What do my creatine levels in blood indicate?