What does this stool test report indicate?

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Elderly Problems
Question: AGE 70 YRS FEMALE , 1-2 PUSCELLS, ACIDIC REACTION ,SEMI FORMED ,COLOUR BROWN in stool test sample taken in morning 7:00AM.

Kindly advise the meaning of this report and any precaution to be taken
XXXX
0000
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
High blood sugar indicates Lactose intolerance or Diabetes

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXX,
Thanks for asking your health concern on Health care magic .
* The stool examination shows-
- Brown color & 1-2 pus cells- is within normal limits.
- Semi formed stools could be normal or may indicate digestive upset.
- 1-2 pus cells in stools are within normal limits.
- Acid reaction of stools suggests lack of digestion of food... which in turn get decomposed to form acid & gas. This acid can be lactic acid ( to be tested separately )& is seen in lactose intolerance.
* Fasting blood sample has high glucose ( 240) , this indicates excessive sweet diet before sample collection/ earlier sample collection or presence of Diabetes. Or lactose intolerance.
* Precautions to be taken-
- To get lactose tolerance test done to differentiate between lactose intolerance or diabetes ....
** In this scenario you should consult your family physician for primary diagnosis & then consult concerned expert( Diabetologist/ gastroenterologist)
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks