Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Delayed period, negative test results. What could the cause be?

i am 19 years old and have not started my period yet. my periods are very irregular. i took 3 tests and all came back negative. i went into planned parenthood to make an appointment for a test and birth control . they asked if i was for sure pregant and i said i have taken 2 tests and theyhave both came back negative and they didnt raise any awareness. and scheduled me for the next week. i am still concerned
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
The possibility of the pregnancy is less as all your tests were negative.
But as you are having history of irregular periods, if you want sure regarding the absence of the pregnancy better to go for blood test for pregnancy once.
It will give accurate result compared with urine test.
If the test comes negative, you can take tablets for withdrawal bleeding and can go for some contraceptive method with your doctor's advice.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 10 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor