Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Could it be possible that epididymis be seperated from testicle, and if so how do I go about treating it?

Hello doctor. My question is about a possible testicular , and more specifically epididymis , injury. About a day ago me and my girlfriend were having intercourse and admittedly we can get rough sometimes. She had reached back and grabbed my testicles, squeezing some. This act isn t unusual for us, and generally happens without incident. However this time she had accidentally grabbed just one (the left) instead of both testicles and applied the same pressure that she would have normally. This caused quite some pain, but I ve played plenty of sports in my left and know what a typical testicular injury feels like, so I expected the pain to pass relatively soon after. As it stands there is still a pain there. Its not an ache, as honestly I can t tell when I m not moving. But if touched or I jostle them it causes a sharp pain. I ve been performing testicular self exams since I was young and know my anatomy quite well as far as a non-doctor is concerned, and I have noticed when I checked it today to see if anything was out of the ordinary that the pain originates from a small area toward the top of the left testicle. Upon continued examination I noticed that my epididymis seemed to be moving quite a bit more freely than usual, and especially when compared to my right testicle. So my question is, could it be possible that my epididymis has been seperated from my testicle, and if so how do I go about treating it? If not, would it just fall under a typical testicular injury and require little more than a bit of healing time without medical aid?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  400
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have sustained injury to your Testis during sexual intercourse with your girlfriend.It is practically impossible to separate Epididymis from testis as it is a part and parcel of Testis.
So do not worry at all It is just a trivial injury.
Any incidence that would separate Epididymis from testis would result in to hematoma and severe pain.
Just take pain killer like Brufen 400 mg twice daily for 5 days. and avoid similar encounters in future.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor