Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
149 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes enlarged epididymis?

I am male, 18, no previous medical history in genital area.
My right testicle feels normal. Testicle normal, with smaller epididymis on the back.
However my left may not be quite right. The testicle seems to be fine, but the epididymis seems to be too large. I can feel the tubes and they are quite more bundled on the back of the testicle. As i stand, my left testicle hangs lower, and the lowest part is epididymis. Also, when I ejaculated, my right testicle seems active while the left remains "motionless." No pain or swelling has occurred. Is there any concern?
Fri, 7 Feb 2014
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I have gone through your query.
Symptoms you have mentioned are usually seen in Varicocele. Varicocele is abnormal enlargement of venous plexus in scrotum. Tubes you can feel must be enlarged vein.
I advise you to go for investigations like ultrasound and semen analysis. Varicocele doesn't require any treatment unless there is lower sperm count.

Do consider a positive feedback as a credit to my work. Let me know if you have any further questions.
You can contact me on my page
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It looks to be normal pattern for you.
Otherwise it usually enlarge during infection called epididymitis,epididymo orchitis.
It might be due to beginning of vericocele.
Wear proper undergarment.
Avoid tight undergarment,avoid excessive masturbation.
It is better to go for local examination with surgeon or urologist with USG of scrotum.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i have a problem my left side egg size is fine ,but i feel that my left side egg is under a jall , i just readed at google , that its epididymis ....

Recent questions on  Epididymis

doctor1 MD

My left testicle's epididymis felt a bit swollen and sore earlier today. It feels a bit better now. I was wondering if it might be because I've...

doctor1 MD

I have went to the urologist for right testicular and perineum discomfort about a month ago, i had a testicular torsion when i was younger. I was...

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

I am having urinary irritation and also having discharge of white color substance

doctor1 MD

I am a 52 year old male just beginnig stages of slowing down in terms of ability to ejaculate. 2 weeks ago having sex could not ejaculate. At end...

doctor1 MD

My cauda epididymis and bottom sometimes get bigger harden body, like is swollen, with the hand touch won t feel painful, this situation continued...

doctor1 MD

hello Doctor, I am a 22 year old man with no previous medical issues in regards to my testicles. however at the moment I am a little worries about...