Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Continuous loose motions, eating semi-solid food. Recovered from jaundice. Serious concern?

hi, 6 months back i had Jaundice and this got cured 2 months before. But for the last one month i am having continuous loose motion. I take semi-solid food and have always restricted myself from spicy foods. Please look into this matter as a serious concern coz i am facing a lot of problems due to this. Age-26 Male, Kolkata
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Critical Care 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

It is difficult to say if there is any relation between episode of jaundice and current symptoms. Did you have scan of your abdomen when you had jaundice? Were there any gallstones?

From the description given, it fits in chronic diarrhoea and may be there is an element of food malabsorption.

My advise would be:
1. To try yoghurt/butter milk etc as they have friendly bacterias (probiotics)
2. You can try medicines containing these bacterias like sporolac/enterogermina etc
3. Stool examination especially to look for any infection or malabsorption of fat
4. Please see a Physician or a Gastroenterologist at your earliest convenience.

Wishing that things get better soon.

Dr Tejas Shah
Answered: Tue, 13 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor