Does sinusitis cause pressure in the head?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: I feel pressure building up in my head and then all of sudden I hear a very small pop and the pressure releases.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sinusitis and CSF circulation issues to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Conditions to consider in your case include sinusitis ( that may cause fluid secretion that can block drainage from the sinuses, causing the sinus pressure within to increase and to decrease when drainage is opened ), problems with circulation of the cerebrospinal fluid inside the brain, ( intraventricular masses, malabsorption of the cerebrospinal fluid etc.).

It is necessary to get evaluated by your Doctor and by imaging studies such brain MRI, in order to understand better the condition.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I could assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D