• question-icon

Continuous feeling of obstruction in throat, weird taste in mouth, on Citalopram. History of silent reflux. Cause and remedy?

Have been diagnosed with Silent Reflux in the past - I changed my diet accordingly however the same symptoms have returned - sensation of something stuck in my throat & wanting to swallow and nasty taste at times. The only changes that I can think of which may have caused this - lifting heavy bags of compost in garden? prescription for anti- depressant - Citalopram - for 2 months? mildly spicy food on family holiday which I wouldn t normally eat (didn t want to appear too fussy)? , antibiotics from dentist which gave me diarrhoea. Symptoms have been with me for about a month - need to consult G.P.? I have taken Lansoprazol for a few years - 30 mg per day. Nasty taste is getting me down!
Mon, 30 Jun 2014
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
You seem to have symptoms of reflux disease. You haven't mentioned your age. If it as above 40 then you should get an Upper GI endoscopy done. Have you lost weight ? and is the sticking sensation in the throat increasing since the past month. If yes then you should consult your GP> If an endoscopy has been done recently and you dont have weight loss or worsening of you symptoms in the past one month i would suggest increasing the dose of lansaprazole to twicw a day