Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Consistent fever, blood tests showed salmonella typhi-O antigen reactive. Is it safe to consume alcohol?

i was having fever for 2 weeks but i did not take it seriously on 21st oct 2012 i consulted my family doctor and he prescribed me a few medicines and some blood tests . the result of the blood test said salmonella typhi -O antigen reactive with a value of 1:160 ,today is my best friends wedding and so i was wondering if i could consume alcohol in the wedding ? i have been on medicines for a few days now and now i dont have fever .but i still have doubts that i should drink or not . what do u say ?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Mr. Rahul Uppal and thanks for the query
As per your query you are suffering from Typhoid fever and it indicates infection in the intestine where most of the absorption of food take place. Alcohol can cause more damage to the intestine and may increase your symptoms and delay the process of healing.
So in my opinion you are not allowed to drink for at least 3 weeks of the treatment. Also some medication has interaction with alcohol. Consult your doctor about the interaction of drugs and alcohol.
Hope you will not drink.
Best Wishes
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor