Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Chronic upper back pain, crackling sound in shoulders and hands on moving. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, i hade upper back bain in last two month. But recently i also have bad crackles all over my body, mostly in my shoulders and my hands. I feel like my hand is easily moving from my shoulder. If i repeat exercising with my arms, ever single move is making crackle and the crackles are being cause to pains. What is the reason of crackles.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi xulkara ,
I Have read your Question,
generally the symptoms you have stated above could be due to the following factors:
1) being in same posture continuously for long time.
2)The cold weather sometimes causes stiffness in the body
3)Age related factor (45 and above) where synovial fluid dries up in the joints but it is accompained by pain
4) osteoporosis (generally affects women due to the effect of hormones) i.e. calcium deficiency in the bones.

I suggest you to take calcium rich food and drink milk (atleast half mug once in a day) for little relief ,
But in any case I recommend you to consult a nearby orthopedician .

Wishing you a good health,
Dr.G.Gayatri Devi
Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Kulbir Singh's  Response
Hello and welcome
The main cause for the crackles in the joint are osteoarthritis or reduced gap or synovial fluid between the joints. Mostly it occurs in old age. If you are young than needs to be investigated for that and me be related to previous trauma or muscular spasm. To get rid from it do as much exercise as much your body allows you. Consult your physiotherapist for correct and proper exercise.
Do hot fermentation of the parts.
Apply local anti-inflammatory gel at the paining sites.
get your X-rays done and consult your orthopedics. Your doctor can tell you better treatment by seeing your X-rays and by clinical examinations.
Best Wishes and get well soon
Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor