Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Child with sunburn on face, turning to purplish in colour. Suggestion?

my 14 yr old daughter was snowboarding yesterday and came home with severe sunburn on her face. Her eyes look to be burned as well. It is starting to turn purplish in color and her eyes burn. What can we do? do you suggest seeing our doctor - i am not sure what they would be able to do. We have been icing it and using aloe gel. If there is anything more you can help with I would appreciate it. Lisa
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
As your daughter is having sun burn which presents with change in color of skin (it may be pink,red or purple), itching. Sometime it may present with fever, headache and blisters.
I advise frequent cool showers and rinse eyes with fresh water.You may add oatmeal or baking soda to a cool water bath.
Continue icing and use aloe oil frequently.
Acetaminophen can be used for fever and pain.
Use calamine lotion for itching
Avoid skin rubbing.
Chilled cucumber or potato slices, or even plain yogurt, can also feel soothing
1% hydrocortisone cream may also help with sunburn pain and swelling
Use sun blocks in future to protect sun burns.
Hope it helps.
Take care!
Answered: Thu, 28 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor