What causes cherry-red discoloration on the arms, face and chest?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am 57 y/o lady who gets up in the morning feeling a little run down. But come 1-2 in the afternoon, every afternoon, I have this cherry red discoloration on my arms, face and chest. My temp goes up with this and my throat is sore.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further information needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

I need to ask you for how long has this been going on? Also, could you upload an image of the cherry red discoloration on your arms, face and chest? You could be suffering from a viral infection but I will have to wait for your response to be able to guide you further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 15 hours later
I will do my best to take a picture of it this afternoon when it happens again. I can tell you that it looks like a very bad, non blistered sunburn.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Will wait for your response.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks. I will wait for your response. Based on that I would guide you further.