Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be done to cure sunburn ?

i have sunburn on my face fore head ,chick. aubro also please suggest any cream but not back again sunburn my skin is very damage i have sunburn on my face so please suggest can i use clop- g
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  652
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Once you have sunburn, the damage is done — although it may take 12 to 24 hours after sun exposure to know the full extent and severity of sunburn.
If blisters form, don't break them. You'll only slow the healing process and increase the risk of infection. If needed, lightly cover blisters with gauze.
While your skin is peeling, continue to use moisturizing cream.
To prevent future episodes of sunburn, use sunscreen frequently and liberally.
Apply hydroquinone based preparation at night.
A visit to dermatologist will allow confirmation of diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Neha Gupta's  Response

Thanks for writing in.

Suntan fades off from 6 months to one year depending on the skin type and the original climate the skin adapted to.

Never apply Clop-G on the face.

Feel confident about your looks. Don't worry whether your skin in tanned for not. I am writing down few tips for you anyway.

. Follow up with aloe vera, preferably pure aloe vera gel .

• Gentle skin peels can get rid of tanned skin. Choose the right peel system that gently exfoliates your skin and stimulates regeneration.

• Apply the mixture of raw turmeric and cream of milk on the face and wash it after 20 minutes. It will make your skin fair.

• Make a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and glycerin and apply it on the dark spots to get rid of them.

. Daily use cleanser for your face and when you go out use sunscreen lotion.. do fruit massage..

If they do not help you need to see a Dermatologist for peeling procedures.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care.

Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You may apply kojic acid lotion or cream if you are not sensitive to.
Apply moisturizing cream or sun cream.
Avoid to go in bright sun light.
ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
First line of treatment is to cover area while going out.
consult skin specialist and show dr your lisions so he can diagnose as sunburn.
there are many creams but clinical examination is important.
Its all due to low immunity, so you are getting reaction. Improve your immunity by consuming healthy food, fruits, vegetabls.
One ayurvedic oil Eladi oil can be usefull in all skin disease. Apply while going out.
Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Sharat Gupta's  Response
Dear Patient,
First of all never apply Clop-G on the face.
You apply a good sunscreen in the morning & than every 3-4 hourly.You should also wear a hat or use umbrella while going out. However mild steroids like Desowen lotion can be applied for few days on the face for speedy recovery.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor