Suggest remedies for acne on the cheeks

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have redness and skin peeling off . I had been to a beach in the afternoon the other day and when I was back home I had this problem... it’s burning and acne has been developed on my cheeks with all red marks. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.

Perhaps you have developed a sunburn reaction. Were you already using antiacne topical medications?before this happened. and what all?
Topical antiacne medications make skin sensitive to sun and may burn easily.
Some oral medications commonly used for acne like tetracycline may also cause photosensitivity and the skin may burn on exposure to strong sun.
I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to have a look at skin condition and guide you better.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj