What causes dark spots on the face after discontinuing Melacare forte cream?
Stop the cream that you have been using. It contains a potent steroid.
hello. thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.
Melacare forte cream contains a potent steroid i.e Mometasone furoate 0.1% apart from tretinoin and hydroquinone.
This cream should not be used as a regular fairness cream. It should never be used on face for more than 4 - 6 weeks and never without a dermatologist / doctor advice.
The steroid content present in the cream can cause various side effects like skin thinning, telangiectasias, photosensitivity, acne, hirsutism, dyspigmentation etc
I suggest you to use a broad spectrum sunscreen (SPF 50) on face throughout the day. Reapply every 2-3 hours. At night you may use a safer option for skin lightening e.g a 2% kojic acid or 6-12%glycolic acid based cream. These creams too are available only on prescription, therefore, I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription regarding the same.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Details of the cream melacare forte
- What happens if we stop using melacare forte cream
- Can melacare forte cream be used for very dark lips
- Melacare forte cream side effects
- Melacare forte cream during pregnancy
- Melacare forte cream
- What is the side effect of melacare forte
- Melacare forte cream reviews
- Melacare forte what are disadvantages
- Purchase melacare forte cream
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body