Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child has fever, leg pain, unable to walk, done blood test. Anything to worry about?

hello , sunita pandey here my email id is sunithap35@gmail .com my son who is 6yrs old and weight 37 kgs was having fever for 3 days then he suddenly had pain in leg muscles and was unable to walk or stand we done his blood test which shows CPK MB - 115 and scpt 87 please let me know is there something to worry about
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  193
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Your child had suffered Viral fever with myositis.
In myositis, usually the leg muscles will get inflammed and present with pain and inability to walk with pain.
In this condition CPK-NAC will be raise and suggestive of muscle inflammation.
Proper rest, paracetamol for fever and pains, maintenance of hydration by giving plenty of oral fluids are required with monitoring of adequate urine output.
Hope i have answered your query.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor