• question-icon

Child had UTI with fever and leg pain. Relief with medication but leg pain persist

my 3y/o daughter had UTI a month ago where she had high fever and complained of leg pain. medications were given and shes fine now however still complains of leg pain and yesterday got bleeding nose. are these signs of something else? im worried. thanks
Thu, 9 Jan 2014
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

There can be persistent residual symptoms of myalgia and leg pain. If there is no oedema/swelling in the leg then there is no cause for concern. Rest be assured she should recover well.
Nasal bleeding is likely to be clinicaly insignificant if its just one isolated. Nasal bleeding is also quite common in children due to dryness of nasal mucosa due to fever, which leads to crusting and hardening of secretion. Nasal picking may induce bleeding.

In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you happy and healthy life

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak K K
MBBS,MS,MCH