Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, burning sensation. History of throat infections. Throat cancer symptoms?

Hi, i wanted to ask a question or shall i say a concern that i have. I am 28 years of age, female and for the past few years i have experienced many throat infections as the gp would call it. Last month i was again diagnosed with throat infection and have been given antibiotics to take. I took them for a week and didnt feel much better. Went back to see gp again who advised unless i have breathing problems i should be fine and sent me home. I have a felling as something is in my throat. When i move my head from side to side i can feel as something is moving there. It also cause pain, sharp pain from my throat into my chest and kind of burning sensation also in chest as well as my jow. I am really scared of throat cancer . Can you please tell me the symptoms i am having are they anything to do with throat cancer????? Just to add this year in January when i coughed i have noticed little bit of blood in my cough, that only happened once in the morning, than in June the same thing happened once in the morning. Please help if you can. I have two children and i am very scared.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding continuous irritation in throat and feeling of some thing obstructing in throat, recently you notice blood in sputum as well.

Considering all about your symptoms and co-relating them with possible pathological lesions in the throat possibilities of cancer is unlikely. most probably you are having any of these-

1- GERD (gastro esophageal reflex disease).

2- Recurrent Tonsillopharyngitis.

3- Local lesions at the base of tongue.

4- Ulcer at interarytenoid region.

So I would like to suggest you that you should consult any ENT doctor ,who will very easily find out the real disease by doing endoscopy of throat.

Need not to worry.

Answered: Tue, 29 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor