Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Can you suggest me what medicines to take for rheumatoid arthritis chronic problem?

can u suggest me what medicines to take in the case of rheumatoid arthirities chronic problem of say 12 years previously i have also gone for arthoscopy synovectomy about 6 yrs ago in left knee everything was fine then now i am having severe pain in mostly all of my joints i am taking nice painkiller to come out of pain .I want your advice i stay in agartala if u have any remedy for me reply i will consult u privately in the chamber

sir how i will pay u
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
At first I am to say that there is no cure of rheumatoid arthritis.The main aim of treatment is is to reduce joint inflammation and pain, maximize joint function, and prevent joint destruction and deformity.Optimal treatment for the disease involves a combination of medications, rest, joint-strengthening exercises, joint protection, and patient (and family) education.Two classes of medications are used in treating rheumatoid arthritis: fast-acting "first-line drugs" which includes Nonsteroidal Analgesics like Acetylsalicylate (aspirin), naproxen (Naprosyn), ibuprofen , and etodolac etc., and Cortcosteroids like Prednisolone, Methylprednisolone etc., and slow-acting "second-line drugs" (also referred to as disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs or DMARDs), such as methotrexate , and hydroxychloroquine etc., promote disease remission and prevent progressive joint destruction.Newer "second-line" drugs (DMARDs) for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis include leflunomide and the "biologic" medications etanercept , infliximab, etc., You had Synovectomy which helps to reduce joint destruction if done early. You are taking Nise (Nimesulide) tablet to reduce pain, but Nimesulide is banned by FDA. As a Doctor I cannot advise you any medication at present without seeing and examination and necessary investigations are needed to asses the severity of the illness to write a prescription as treatment is to be individualised. If want you can email me at stating details of your illness and recent investigation reports .
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor