Does regular intake of Clopidogrel and Plavix result in blood thinning?
I HAD SUFFERED A STROKE IN 2016 AND WAS SUBSCRIBED CHLOPIDOGREL/PLAVIX ANTICOAGULANT WHICH I TAKE DAILY ONCE A DAY. NOW...............I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN TAKE IT EVERY OTHER DAY WITH NO PROBLEM. I BELIEVE TAKING IT DAILY IS MAKING MY BLOOD TOO THIN. AND I JUST WONDER IF THIS WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR BETTER OR WORSE.
MY DR TOLD ME I NEED IT DAILY. BUT AGAIN, I THINK THE MORE I TAKE THE THINNER MY BLOOD WILL GET. AM I RIGHT OR WRONG. PLEASE ADVISE
ALSO I HAVE ARTHRITIS ON MY SPINE, THUS CAUSING CHRONIC PAIN IN MY BACK MUSCLES. IS THIS INFLAMMATION ON MY MUSCLES? AND WHAT WOULD U RECOMMEND. i HATE TO BE ATTACH TO DRUGS. AM TAKING TRAMADOL FOR PAIN. BUT THIS IS BS, CAUSE IS JUST TO RELIEF THE PAIN. THE NEXT DAY THE PAIN IS BACK. WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD TAKE? DO U RECOMMEND SOMETHING STRONGER AND MORE FLEXIBLE TO THE PAIN?
TWO QUESTIONS IN ONE EMAIL.
You need to continue clopidogrel
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, you need to continue the clopidogrel unless there is any event of bleeding though muscosal surfaces like mouth , nose or through Gut but since risk of restroke over weighs the risk if bleeding and is potentially carrying more mortality and morbidity so it's advisable to continue as even if bleeding occurs that is manageble quite easily but stroke is a bigger entity and you can't risk quality of life for that. Moreover platelets have very short life span comprising of 5-7 days and newer platelets are continously in making and replace the older ones having regaining the tendency to make clots within days.
For the other question relating to backpain, firstly diagnose it's real cause like spinal or muscular or disc related and it can be established on X-ray lumbar spine, CT or MRI as well as DXA scan to rule out osteoporosis to be the cause. Using supplements for calcium, vitamin D3 and ossien mineral complexes can be of help to help bone formation. Analgesics like acetaminophen can be preferred over conventional NSAID like ibuprofen to minimise the risks relating to those and tramadol should be preserved for several pains.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Usage of Clopidogrel
- Clopidogrel vs ecosprin
- Is wheezing a side effect of clopidogrel?
- Is sweating a side effect of clopidogrel?
- Is seizures a side effect of clopidogrel?
- Clopidogrel and paracetamol
- Smoking marijuana when on clopidogrel
- Clopidogrel and marijuana
- Is itching a side effect of clopidogrel?
- Taking clopidogrel with paracetamol
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?