Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Is hemp oil advisable for pain in the body?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4127 Questions
Is it worth it to try hemp oil for pain and if so, what qualities should I be looking for?. Can you recommend a product. What makes the price differ so much?
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Pain Management
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be tried out

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Hemp oil contains Cannabidiol (CBD) oil which is used by some people with chronic pain. Studies on CBD oil and pain management have shown a great deal of promise and so it can be given a try if other options have not provided adequate relief. The price may vary significantly with the manufacturer and I cannot suggest you any specific brand of hemp oil.

However, instead of hemp oil I would insist you to try acupuncture. Studies have shown its capacity to depress pain areas in the brain and it would be a cheaper and better option.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor