Is hemp oil advisable for pain in the body?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Pain Management
Question: Is it worth it to try hemp oil for pain and if so, what qualities should I be looking for?. Can you recommend a product. What makes the price differ so much?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be tried out

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Hemp oil contains Cannabidiol (CBD) oil which is used by some people with chronic pain. Studies on CBD oil and pain management have shown a great deal of promise and so it can be given a try if other options have not provided adequate relief. The price may vary significantly with the manufacturer and I cannot suggest you any specific brand of hemp oil.

However, instead of hemp oil I would insist you to try acupuncture. Studies have shown its capacity to depress pain areas in the brain and it would be a cheaper and better option.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng