Can halox lotion and melanocyl solution help in reducing hairfall due to alopecia areata and hypothroidism?

Hi My wife has Alopecia alopecia areata hair fall issue Also at the same time digonsed with hypothiride TFS is 9. Does hair fall becasue of hypothyride? If yes what coulde be treatment way, currenlty she was asked to use halox lotion & melanocyl solution.
Tue, 18 May 2021

Alopecia areata is patchy loss of hair. It is associated with autoimmune disorders Since hypothyroid is autoimmune disorder it is associated but not due to hypothyroid per se. Yes halos lotion and melanocyl lotion works in alopecia areata in mild cases. If it is severe we should use oral steroids and vitamin-D3 supplements and intra-lesional steroids.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Raghuveer Murki, Dermatologist