Broke 2nd toe, not compound fracture, middle joint stiff, swelling, hurts when walk

I am pretty sure that I broke my 2nd toe (not a compound fracture ) on my right foot 4 weeks ago, but now I am concerned that I may have either infection or malunion... The fracture is 2nd toe, middle joint & very stiff & swollen especially on the left side of the toe. Still hurts to walk. I have a 2nd job which requires me to be on my feet for 8+ hours & at the end of my shift, it is VERY red, painful & swollen & feels like a blister on that left side. Not sure what I need to do. I buddy taped it for the first couple of weeks & try to stay off of it as much as i can at my primary job or when I am home. Is it possible that it is infected??
Sun, 27 May 2012