Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Boil on foreskin. Partner has history of thrush. Where can I get ointment?

Hi I have one boil inflamed on my fore skin with a white tip I ve had it for three days now, I have a new partner who has told me she did catch thrush with an ex partner. I have not had a partner for a year, until now. What is it and can I get some ointment from the chemist? Thank you I am 40 it doesn t hurt but a bit warm
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, thanks for using Health Care Magic.

From what you described, it is more likely that you have an abscess on the fore skin Skin abscesses develop more often through an infection of a hair follicle(boil) or invasion of the
skin through cracks or wounds on the skin and most often, the microbes are from the skin
Thrust is a yeast infection and it is common in females but it is not thought to be sexually transmissible.
What you need to do is get some antibiotics such as fluoxacillin or amoxicillin + clavulanic acid and get it incised and drained or simply squeeze to expel completely the pus when it is ready and for the main time avoid having contact with your partner.
Best regards.
Answered: Sun, 24 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor