Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

183 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes lump like sensation near the buttocks after severe itching?

Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8040 Questions

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: For the past week I had lot of itching near my butt, after few days the skin became very thick. Currently itching has reduced, but I can feel the lumps and its painful when I sit

Have attached pic.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
You seem to have furunculosis which is a bacterial skin and soft tissue infection.
I suggest you to take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin, 500mg, thrice daily for a week.
Topically you may apply an antibiotic ointment e.g neosporin ointment or mupirocin ointment, twice daily.
In addition you may also take a painkiller /anti inflammatory e.g ibuprofen tab, twice daily for symptomatic relief from pain.
These are prescription medications and I suggest you to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Furunculosis

doctor1 MD

hi sir, I am male and I am 26 years old, I'm getting abscess on my testicles, firstly it was only one and now it is spreading and they are hard from inside, please suggest me some medicine

doctor1 MD

I have three boil type. Sores on my left forearm. They are very painful and kinda looks like they swelled and come to a head Sharp pains

doctor1 MD

i have this small skin colored bumps in my face , it only appeared yesterday ,when i eat to much chicken it grows but im not allergic to chicken before but when i take my medicine that kills rash it become calmer than before and some of them disappear ,, but still i have this bumps what should i do?

doctor1 MD

hello. I have a bump/hardening on the upper shaft of my penis (on the top side). during an erection the hardening is clearly visible and palpable and extends to the side too. there is no pain or any problem with urinating. I observed it 2 weeks ago. during intercourse it can get a little uncomfortable. i think it could be a lymph node hardening but I m not too sure. the penis is a little inflamed towards the right top side of the shaft.

doctor1 MD

I have boils on my thighs, which is Recurring Furunculosis. Doctor has prescribed me Cap. Novaclox 250 for four times a day. I have taken it for the past four days. I am relieved of pain. But the lump still exists. My sugar levels are normal. I have skin allergy otherwise. May I know the main reason for recurring Furunculosis ?

doctor1 MD

Hi I'm a 15 year old 5'7" 117lb female and I have a hard, painful lump on the inside of my left buttcheek. Its not red and it doesn't have a head or appear to be fluid filled. Its about a inch away from my anus though not quite in line with it. Its round and quite painful, Ive had it for a while. What is this and how do I treat it?