What causes lump like sensation near the buttocks after severe itching?
Have attached pic.
Oral and topical antibiotics
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
You seem to have furunculosis which is a bacterial skin and soft tissue infection.
I suggest you to take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin, 500mg, thrice daily for a week.
Topically you may apply an antibiotic ointment e.g neosporin ointment or mupirocin ointment, twice daily.
In addition you may also take a painkiller /anti inflammatory e.g ibuprofen tab, twice daily for symptomatic relief from pain.
These are prescription medications and I suggest you to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe itching in ears with smelly discharge
- What causes persistent severe itching
- Swollen legs with severe itching what is causing this
- What causes severe itching after application of astroglide lube
- Severe itching caused by diabetes
- What causes severe itching with skin redness on leg
- Severe itching causes
- Causes of severe itching skin
- What causes severe itching and burning in the vagina
- What causes severe itching and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body