What causes lump like sensation near the buttocks after severe itching?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
For the past week I had lot of itching near my butt, after few days the skin became very thick. Currently itching has reduced, but I can feel the lumps and its painful when I sit

Have attached pic.
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
You seem to have furunculosis which is a bacterial skin and soft tissue infection.
I suggest you to take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin, 500mg, thrice daily for a week.
Topically you may apply an antibiotic ointment e.g neosporin ointment or mupirocin ointment, twice daily.
In addition you may also take a painkiller /anti inflammatory e.g ibuprofen tab, twice daily for symptomatic relief from pain.
These are prescription medications and I suggest you to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.