Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Blood tests show neutrophilia, increased gamma ct, CRP, anemia. Chest X-ray shows cloudiness in lungs, on antibiotics. Suggestions?

recently had blood test results which show neutrophillia, inreased gamma ct, increase CRP and anaemia . Had chest xray which shows cloudy left lung. have productive cough with white mucus,feel tired, lost weight and have night sweats . Have been on lots of antibiotics, Doxycycline ,amoxicillan, co amoxiclav and trimethriprim, which relieve symptoms for a short period but return when course finishes. Am a 39 year old fit male who doesnt smoke. Been like this for last 10 months
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Have yourself tested your sputum for tuberculous & fungal elements. If pneumonia & infection is not responding to routine antibiotics a possibility of chronic infection has to be thought of.
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor