Are there any major long term concerns with ablation procedure?

Hello, I am 44 years old and I went to my gyn last week for my annual and a few days ago I found out that my pap was normal. During my visit, my gyn suggested ablation (the type with the balloon and hot water) to combat heavy periods that are sometimes irregular. Surprisingly, not a lot of women agree to have this procedure when menstruation issues are typical and minimal; however, the procedure is VERY tempting. Are there any major long term concerns with this procedure? Why aren t more women having it done?
Wed, 15 May 2019