• question-icon

What causes severe lower back pain?

Posted on Mon, 23 Oct 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi i am 45 years old . Have severe pain in lower back and at the pelvic area during my periods. Also have heavy bleeding. What care do i take to reduce the pain and the bleeding
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trapic MF will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
In my opinion you are suffering from menorrhagia. There are so many disease which causes menorrhagia. To rule out those you should go for blood profile, ultrasonography, thyroid profile, endometrial biopsy, hormonal profile or sometimes you require D&C.

Blood profile rules out anaemia and bleeding disorder disease.

Ultrasonography rules out fibroid, adenomyosis and polyp.

Endometrial biopsy rules out endometrial cancer.

You can try the following till you get your test reports done.
1) Take iron supplement.
2) Use Trapic-MF, ibuprofen and oral contraceptive pills to stop bleeding. You will need a written prescription from a doctor for these medicines.
3) You can go for minera IUD once your cause is found out.
4) Eat healthy and leafy vegetables and fruits.
5) D&C may also be helpful in some cases.
You should consult a gynecologist and get your examination and investigation done to fnd out the cause.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN