Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Anxiety, excess worry. Suggest something

So I'm a extreme anxiety person. and I freak out about things that arnt even possible. But I just want to make sure I'm head is throbbing like's coming from a huge pimple I have on my scalp I hope it nothing to scary or they have nothing to do with with other. Just want to be sure so I can get some sleep. Sorry if I sound crazy.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. It does seem like you have an acne problem and please consult a dermatologist for the same. It will really help to improve your overall confidence and self-esteem when you get your acne cured. It is something that most people go through in their young adulthood. I also would think that a visit with a psychiatrist would be in place. I hope this helps with the anxiety part of things.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

If the pimple is small and not infected, then you don't have to worry much; you can just take a mild analgestic like paracetamol for the pain and throbbing. If the swelling is filled with pus or if you have developed fever, then it is better to se a doctor for further treatment.

From the description of your anxiety symptoms, you are likely to be suffering from an anxiety disorder, probably a generalised anxiety disorder. There are effective treatment options for this - in the form of medication and psychotherapy, which will help you overcome your excessive anxiety. So, it would be worthwhile to also consult a psychiatrist for further evaluation and treatment of your anxiety problem.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor