Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Ankle injury, lumpy bruise above the ankle, have a dull ache opposite to the bruising. What should I do?

Hi! i injured my ankle a week ago after my large dog stomped on it. I have a huge lumpy bruise just above the ankle on the inside of my leg. I am getting mostly a dull ache (but sometimes a sharp pain when I step on it the wrong way) in my ankle on the opposite side to the bruising and across the top of my foot/ankle. Do you think it could just be a simple sprain , and what should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

thanks for posting your query

You had injury over your leg just above the ankle a week ago.

It seems most likely soft tissue injury. But if swelling and tenderness present it might be a fracture.

You need a x ray to rule out fracture.

So you have to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for examination & treatment plan acc. to that.

Answered: Fri, 5 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor