Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Am I pregnant? Brown spotting, blood clots. Missed birth control, had unprotected sex

Hi my name is jasmine brown I have a question whether I m pregnant or is my body acting up ok so in sep my period was about 2 weeks longs and oct also normal for me since I have irregular periods ok so got put on birth control in oct startd taking them it ended missed a two days in oct had unprotected sex but when I realized I missed it I took them ok so in Nov I got my period still on birth control from Nov 13 to the 19 ran out of birth control on the 21 I had un protected sex and the 22 ok so on dec 15 I thought I was starting my period went to pee and had red ligh pink blood so I put a pad on that night wole up it was only a swap of brownsih red blood and no more on pad but when I wipe it was light pink it stop on the 16th but during the wiping I had very small tiny blood clots and usually they are big and red on a normal cycle I use a app it says I m due on the 26 but I m confused about if I use a 28 day cycle since I bleed 7 days or 43 day cylce lik normal but having some sypmtoms but little to none can you please help me? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016

Thanks for writing to us.

You are suffering from irregular period with red brown spotting & clots now.
There are several reasons to be ruled out like early implantation bleeding (due to irregular taking OCP with unprotected sex), mental stress, thyroid problem, hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, wt gain/ loss etc.

In this case, I suggest to do one home pregnancy test or blood test for beta-hcg to exclude pregnancy. USG lower abdomen, LH/FSH, Thyroid profile etc may be needed to rule out underlying pathology if pregnancy test is negative. After that, you should consult with your gynecologist.

Avoid stress, control body wt, take healthy diet, practice safe sex with condom or OCP in regular manner, maintain personal hygiene and sleep properly.

Be well and take care.
Answered: Wed, 27 Apr 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor