Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Alcohol addict, diabetic, get nausea and vomiting with acidic taste in mouth on drinking, fine without intake. Help?

i had been taking alcohol twenty years but from last 9 years i keep drinking for 5 to six days and leave it for 5 to 6 days regularly in the same patron and can walk for 3 to 4 kilometers a day when not drinking i am diabetic as well,i always gain my health then loose it ,i feel nausea and vomiting when evr i drink and a acidic taste in my mouth , i consume antacids like rabium plus ,rabicip and my toubles lower pls help and oblige i am male 47 yrs
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and acidic taste in the mouth occuring during your episodes of drinking are due to alcoholic gastritis. You yourself seem to know clearly that these adverse effects are caused due to the alcohol. There is no point in voluntarily causing harm to your health with your excessive drinking and then seeking treatment for the after effects. So, firstly, please seek the help of a psychiatrist for treating your alcohol problem. There are various options for treatment in the form of medication and psychotherapy. But your motivation is important.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sat, 20 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. A K M Wasim Rahman's  Response
Thanks for consulting us.
As you have said here you are chronic alcoholic for last 9 years. If you really want to quit then you should take a multidisciplinary approach. What are the bad effects of alcohol in our body-
1.Immediate Effect-
a, Slurring of speech
b. Incoordination
c, gastritis
d, fall of blood pressure
e, blackouts
f, altered consciousness
g, hallucination and illusion
2. Withdrawl symptom (on stoppage of alcohol)
a.hang over
b, nausea and vomitting
c, tremor
d, insomnia
e, anxiety
f, fits or convulsion
3. Long Term Side Effects
a,Liver Disease( Cirrhosis, Cancer)
b,Wernicke-Korsakoff psychosis (where brain is damaged)
c, Heart Disease (arrythmia, block)
Now it is nearly impossible to get rid of alcohol if you are chronic alcoholic. so you should take the help of medicine.
1. CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE is used for acute withdrawl symptoms and detoxification.
2. BACLOFEN- Is used as an anti craving agent(which will help you to stop alcohol further) , because if you take this you will not get the plasure in taking alcohol so the wish to take alcohol will be low automatically.
3. THIAMIN SUPPLEMENT- in alcohol consumption thiamin (a vitamin helps in brain function) is deficient causing wernicke encephalopathy so thiamin is given from outside.
Along with this you may use meditation and counselling which will help you immensly.
First consult a psychiatrist he will arrange all this to you.
Then leading a healthy alcohol free life will be just a matter of time.
Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response

Welcome to health care magic

Chronic alcohol intake is not good for your health. It deranges blood glucose levels and can cause peptic ulcers should consult a psychiatrist/deaddiction specialist for deaddiction and at the same time visit a gastroenterologist for your gastric trouble....

Good Luck

Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor