Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

28 years irregular periods

hello doctor hello doctor my age is 28 , female , married . I have irregular periods my thyroid level is TSH 6.01 level it i s diagnosed by a doctor now my level is 2.8 but having same irregular periods. Now doctor gave thyrowell and we are planning for pregnancy
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  148
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Mini,without having regular periods you can not conceive.Please visit a gynecologist and go for ovulation study to see the you are ovulation normally.Even after control of thyroid which you have ,still if the problem persists you need to look for other reasons also.
Answered: Wed, 13 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Mini, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Hypothyroidism is known to cause irregular periods as It affects ovulation and causes infertility. Do not worry, you will have to just take the medicines as prescribed by your Doctor on an empty stomach and go for regular follow up. If you are overweight exercise regularly and avoid high calorie foods. Avoid cabbage and cauliflowers. Once your TSH hormone is inder normal level, your periods will become regular and will increase the chances of conception.
Good Luck.
Answered: Wed, 13 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor