Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

12 year child suffering from acute pain in back of head. MRI, CT scan clear. Not cured by aceproxybon. What should I do?

I am S. K. Kundu, a central govt. employee, serving in Kolkata. My son, Master Sourav Kundu, aged 12 years, has been suffering from acute pain in Back Head since 20th June,2012. It is started from lower portion of back head and gradually spreaded entire back head including back surroundings of right ear. It becomes severe during 1330 hrs to 1730 hrs day time and can not sleep lying straight resting head on a pillow due to severity of pain. During other times, pain is not so significant I have consulted with Child Specialist, E. N.T. Sergeon (M.S.) and Neorologist but nobody could reduce the problems. Nothing have been observed in M.R.I. of brain, C.T.SCAN of Paranasal Sinusitis . Used Resin 10 mg, Aceproxybon, nothing is helpful. What is to be done, Kindly advice me.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case.
As per your history there is possibility of headache due to migraine.

Pain is severe and aggravated by triggering factors like fast, irritant smell, travelling.

After clinical examination, medications for migraine like sumatriptans can be started consulting your doctor.

Lifestyle Modifications will help to reduce headache episodes
- Proper nutrition
- Regular physical activity
- Adequate sleep
- Stress reduction strategies
- Identify and avoid triggers (e.g., fast, strong odours, or sprays).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Sat, 22 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor