Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Why do I have pain in ribs with back pain and spasms after falling back on head?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I'm 6-2. weigh 195 lbs. A few days ago, I fell backwards and hit my head on concrete. Got a bump about the size of a tangerine. A few days later, the ribs on my right side started hurting real bad and now I'm getting back pain spasms as well. What's going on?
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Analgesics, muscle relaxant, X ray, see dr Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is possible that the trauma you had had some impact around the chest region, which of course became evident only with time. Considering the fact that the pain came after, and is increasing in intensity, it is important to be sure that there is no problem inside the chest (thoracic cavity). I suggest you you get a chest X ray done first to be sure. It might be necessary to take simple Analgesics, as you wait to get a complete clinical review. It is however still possible that the pain might not be related to trauma. In case you have fever or cough, a lung infection could be at the origin of the pain. Considering the fact that you have an associated back pain, a chest pain starting after a trauma, it is more likely all be related to the trauma. I strongly suggest an urgent clinical review and chest X ray be done. Simple analgesics and muscle relaxants could be immense help. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Please, do feel free asking follow up questions in case of need. I will be humble making my suggestions. Kind regards Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor