Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

199 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Why am i losing my strength of penis?

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9798 Questions

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Question: hello doctor
i have question regarding m sex problem.from last two weeks im noticing that when im trying to do sex with my wife my penis do not hve good strength.but if i tried masturbuation it is having good very nervous pls guide me.thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us
You have problem of getting hard erection when attempting sex with your wife which otherwise is normal when you masturbate.There is no organic cause for flaccid erection and it is always mind related.
Do you spend enough time in foreplay?
Does your wife respond with same vigor and interest?
Do you have any stress ?
Are you Diabetic?
Do you smoke? if yes stop smoking .
Please get your blood test done to rule out Diabetes and discuss the issue with your wife, she can be of much help to solve your problem.Spend more time in foreplay.This will help you to get hard erection.
If the problem persists, please see a physician. We may want to start you on a trial of oral phosphodiesterase inhibitors like Sildenafil . You need to be examined before you can be prescribed these drugs.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
thanks doctor
is that serious that cureable.we both are planning for there any problem in that.thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Since how long have you been married and trying for conception?
Conception or fertilization results when both the partners are physiologically normal.
For female she should have regular menstrual cycle which is prime requisite for Ovulation to occur(Producing an Egg).
The male should have optimum sperm count with good quality and motility(Grade 4).
You can try for 4 to 6 months for conception. If that does not happen please consult some Infertility Specialist for proper evaluation of both of you.He will be the best person to guide you
.You need not worry at all as your problem is curable and not serious at all. Please feel free to write if you have any more queries
Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 20 hours later
hello doctor
thanks for your reply.i already have 7 years old daughter.we havent try second time yet.but im scared that if my penis is not getting strength how could i do there any proper wife is good in health.i was good happens only from last three so worried.pls guide.thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later

Thanks for feedback. Since you already have a 7 years old daughter it means you have Secondary Erectile Dysfunction and it probably is mind related (Psychological). Following measures can help you to solve your problem.

1) Do moderate exercise for 45 minutes and meditation for 1/2 hr every day.
2) Take high protein, fat free diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits.
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol
4) Take some anti Oxidants like Almonds every day.
5) Spend more time in foreplay

These measures will help to built your level of confidence and there by improve your erectile dysfunction. You can take phospodiesterase inhibiters 1/2 hr before sex after getting a prescription from your family Physician. Do not worry at all. There is no reason why you should not have a second baby.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Erectile dysfunction

doctor1 MD

Dr. Oz, I know you're show is geared mostly towards women but I really am in dyer need of help. I'm a 22 year old male and I'm currently taking two 20mg instant release Adderalls a day. My blood pressure is normal on a daily basis, but high blood pressure and heart disease does run in my family. My concern is in regards to Erectile Disfunction. It is a real self confidence killer! My penis doesn't get fully erect when I'm about to have sex, its hard but not where it can stay up the air hard..excuse the reference. Also some other times it will get hard, but it will not stay that way for long amounts of time. Does anyone know why this could be? I also have trouble staying hard. For example if it slips out, there is a switch of positions,or the slightest distraction, it wont remain hard. I take adderall but don't notice a difference in this when I take it and when I don't. I exercise regularly (4-5x a week) and eat relatively healthy(for a college student). I am stressed a lot and i know that could be a cause of my problems. but does anyone have any ideas? Also is it to early for someone my age (22) to take pills such as viagra or cialis? What are the long term side effects?

doctor1 MD

I am a male, 53 yrs old, I had problems with erectile disfunction starting a year ago and now I have blood in urine,lfor the last 2 weeks. In the past I have been diagnosed with hematuria, but it only lasts a few days and will go away. Should I see a doctor?

doctor1 MD

hi this is Abhishek singh from india mumbai.i am having a erection problem,no sensation in penis.i had a suergery earlier on 8jan .i was having a high grade sarcoma tumor which was removed.after that they reconstruct my urethra.some part of tumor was touching urethra.they use the method of suprapubic tubic catheter.i wan to know that vaigra will work for me or should i go for penile i dont have cancer.

doctor1 MD

hi iam a diabetic patient and suffering from erectile dysfunctionlegs ,feet and muscles pain.iam under insulin and my sugar is almost normal,my cholostrel is below 7 while blood pressure is at 140/85.I had recently a buy pass..i have visited a neuroligist and has prescribed to use tablets which would help in blood flow

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I need advice on my Sex life. I am married since last year and sexually active from last 2 years with my spouse. What I feel now that I am loosing interest in Sex , I don t feel like doing it we do it one in a week which last for 5...

doctor1 MD

Hi- what, if any, over-the-counter drug would you recommend for a 67 year old man with ED? Thank you. I await your reply. Just send your reply to this e-mail address.

doctor1 MD

I had my prostate roto rooted about 5 months ago and sexual function has decreased somewhat steadily and desire has too. I no longer ejaculate. The blue pill doesn't help. Could the procedure have caused this?