Why am i losing my strength of penis?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Question: hello doctor
i have question regarding m sex problem.from last two weeks im noticing that when im trying to do sex with my wife my penis do not hve good strength.but if i tried masturbuation it is having good strength.im very nervous pls guide me.thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for writing to us
You have problem of getting hard erection when attempting sex with your wife which otherwise is normal when you masturbate.There is no organic cause for flaccid erection and it is always mind related.
Do you spend enough time in foreplay?
Does your wife respond with same vigor and interest?
Do you have any stress ?
Are you Diabetic?
Do you smoke? if yes stop smoking .
Please get your blood test done to rule out Diabetes and discuss the issue with your wife, she can be of much help to solve your problem.Spend more time in foreplay.This will help you to get hard erection.
If the problem persists, please see a physician. We may want to start you on a trial of oral phosphodiesterase inhibitors like Sildenafil . You need to be examined before you can be prescribed these drugs.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr.Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
thanks doctor
is that serious problem.is that cureable.we both are planning for baby.is there any problem in that.thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Hello
Thanks for writing back.
Since how long have you been married and trying for conception?
Conception or fertilization results when both the partners are physiologically normal.
For female she should have regular menstrual cycle which is prime requisite for Ovulation to occur(Producing an Egg).
The male should have optimum sperm count with good quality and motility(Grade 4).
You can try for 4 to 6 months for conception. If that does not happen please consult some Infertility Specialist for proper evaluation of both of you.He will be the best person to guide you
.You need not worry at all as your problem is curable and not serious at all. Please feel free to write if you have any more queries
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 20 hours later
hello doctor
thanks for your reply.i already have 7 years old daughter.we havent try second time yet.but im scared that if my penis is not getting strength how could i do sex.is there any proper treatment.my wife is good in health.i was good too.it happens only from last three weeks.im so worried.pls guide.thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later

Thanks for feedback. Since you already have a 7 years old daughter it means you have Secondary Erectile Dysfunction and it probably is mind related (Psychological). Following measures can help you to solve your problem.

1) Do moderate exercise for 45 minutes and meditation for 1/2 hr every day.
2) Take high protein, fat free diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits.
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol
4) Take some anti Oxidants like Almonds every day.
5) Spend more time in foreplay

These measures will help to built your level of confidence and there by improve your erectile dysfunction. You can take phospodiesterase inhibiters 1/2 hr before sex after getting a prescription from your family Physician. Do not worry at all. There is no reason why you should not have a second baby.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan